See full list on cisco.com. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client SSL VPN connections fail when the computer is configured to use the Web Security Service (WSS) through the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client Web Traffic Redirection (WTR) feature.
Cisco Anyconnect Web Client
This article shows you how to download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on a Windows Computer.
AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. It not only provides Virtual Private Network (VPN) access through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) Internet Key Exchange version2 (IKEv2) but also offers enhanced security through various built-in modules.
- Purchase client licenses from a partner like CDW or through your company's device procurement. To find sellers, you can search for the license L-AC-PLS-LIC= Qty=25 Duration=12. For more details on licensing, open the Licensing Information tab below.
- Download the latest version of firmware available for your router.
- Windows versions 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later.
Don't use Windows? Check these other articles out!
Applicable Devices Software Version
- RV340 1.0.03.21 (Download latest)
- RV340W 1.0.03.21 (Download latest)
- RV345 1.0.03.21 (Download latest)
- RV345P 1.0.03.21 (Download latest)
AnyConnect Software Version
- AnyConnect 4.10.x (Download latest)
Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
This toggled section provides details on Anyconnect licensing.
AnyConnect client licenses allow the use of the AnyConnect desktop clients as well as any of the AnyConnect mobile clients that are available. To try out AnyConnect on mobile devices:
Firmware versions 188.8.131.52 and later
Cisco Vpn Web Portal
As of March 2019, server licenses using AnyConnect for RV34x fimware version 184.108.40.206 and later are no longer required. Now you will need only a client license to download and use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. A client license enables the VPN functionality and are sold in packs of 25 from partners like CDW or through your company's device procurement.
We recommend the following user license for use with the RV340 Series:
L-AC-PLS-LIC= Qty=25 Duration=12
Licensing Structure - Firmware versions 220.127.116.11 or lower
If you have not yet updated your firmware, please do so now. Click here to visit the downloads page and select your model. Then select Small Business Router Firmware. Choose the latest version available.
Cisco Anyconnect Web App
Want to know more about AnyConnect licensing? Here are some resources:
- AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Features, Licenses, and OSs, Release 4.8.
- Cisco RV340 Series and Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client Community Discussion Forum.
- AnyConnect Licensing FAQs.
Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client here.
Navigate Windows File Explorer to the installer file. Double-click Setup.exe to initiate the installation process.
A pop-up window may ask for permissions, in this case, select Yes. If your pop-up asks if you are sure you want to run this software, select Run.
See Full List On Cisco.com
Check the check boxes for the modules that you need to install.
- Core & VPN - Includes AnyConnect core client with VPN capability.
- Start Before Login - User sees the AnyConnect GUI logon dialog before the Windows logon dialog box appears.
- Network Access Manager - It is a client software that provides a secure Layer 2 network.
- VPN Posture (Hostscan) - Provides the client the ability to identify the operating system, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software installed on the host.
- AMP Enabler - It is used as a medium for deploying Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for endpoints.
- Network Visibility Module - Collects rich flow context from an endpoint on or off premise and provides visibility into network connected devices.
- Cloud Web Security - It is an endpoint component that routes HTTP traffic to a Cisco Cloud Web Security scanning proxy.
- Umbrella Roaming Security - Provides DNS-layer security when no VPN is active.
- ISE Posture - It is similar to VPN Posture; performs a client-side evaluation.
- Select All - Selects all modules.
- Diagnostic and Reporting Tool - It is used to collect data for troubleshooting AnyConnect installation and connection problems.
(Optional) Check the Lock Down Component Services check box if the feature needs to be enabled. Enabling this feature will prevent users from disabling the Windows Web Security service.
Click Install Selected.
Carefully review the Supplemental End User License Agreement and then click Accept.
Conclusion and Next Steps after Installation
There you have it! You have now successfully installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your computer.
Wondering what the next steps are? Don't worry. If you need help configuring AnyConnect on your router, check out Configure AnyConnect VPN Connectivity on the RV34x Series Router.
We want the best for our customers, so you have any comments or suggestions regarding this topic, please send us an email to the Cisco Content Team.
By the way, once the configurations are complete on the router, you can view your connection on the lower right-hand of your screen. Click the up arrow and hover over the AnyConnect icon to see the details.
Cisco Anyconnect Web Authentication Required
The Anyconnect App can be downloaded from the Google Play store or the Apple store.