Connecting via the android client will be like connecting from the cisco legacy VPN client. You only need anyconnect mobile licenses if you connect with the anyconnect android client. Using the built in android client will consume IPSEC peer licenses. So no additional license required. Cisco AnyConnect VPN: Android Device Configuration Summary Yale VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a way to securely access Yale's restricted services and resources on the University network from a non-Yale internet source. VPN is also required for remote access to on-campus workstations (via Remote Desktop Protocol RDP). GooD News New Server Add.⛑⛑⛑⛑⛑⛑⛑OpenConnect GooD Server Wifi And Mobile DataUAE Du Etisalate Data or Wifi Network good workingGooD News👇👇👇👇👇👇👇All Se. AFAIK Cisco has not made any official statement regarding support for Android, but Samsung has announced that it is working with Cisco to get Anyconnect to run on some of its Galaxy and Tab models, I believe it will be available from the Android marketplace when ready. VPN - Setup and Connect using the Cisco AnyConnect for Android. Launch the Google Play Store and search for AnyConnect. When the app is first launched, it will ask you to accept the End User License Agreement.
MobiLock and Android for Work makes it easy for you to configure Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your managed Android devices. Follow the guide below to configure Cisco AnyConnect.
Before you Begin
- Complete Android for Work Setup in MobiLock Dashboard.
- Enroll your corporate owned devices using afw#mobilock
- Invite your Employees to enroll their Personal devices.
Search and Approve Cisco AnyConnect
The first step is to search and approve Cisco AnyConnect for your organization. The steps are,
- Sign In MobiLock Dashboard.
- Navigate to Enterprise > My Apps > Play For Work Apps
- Click on SEARCH&ADD button to see the Google Play dialog.
- In the Google Play dialog search for Cisco AnyConnect,
- Click on the Cisco AnyConnect app and select Approve
- Follow the onscreen instructions to approve the application. Click Done to close the dialog and now the app starts appearing on the MobiLock Dashboard.
Configuring Cisco AnyConnect Settings
Once you have the AnyConnect app, the next step is to configure the application. The steps are,
- Click on the AnyConnect application to see the details card.
- Click on the App Configurations tab and click CREATE to see the configuration options.
- Cisco AnyConnect gives you the following configuration options,
The display name for the VPN as shown on user's mobile device
The URL of the headend that is the actual Cisco VPN Server.
Choose between SSL or IPSec.
IPSec Authentication Mode
If the selected protocol is IPSec, then choose the authentication mode.
Optional field to specify the data on how to identify a user connection.
Keychain Certificate Alias
KeyChain alias of the client certificate to use for this VPN configuration.
Per App VPN Allowed Apps
Deprecated. Use the setting below
Per App VPN Allowed Apps
Specify a comma separated list of applications that should be routed through VPN.
Per App VPN Disallowed Apps
Specify a comma separated list of applications that should not be routed through VPN.
Allow Apps to Bypass VPN Tunnel
Choose if you want the applications to bypass the VPN Tunnel.
Select this to make the default selected VPN Configuration.
Select to enable FIPS mode for AnyConnect.
Enter the AnyConnect Profile in XML format.
Enter the device identifier that should be reported to VPN Server.
Report Hardware Identifiers for VPN Identification
Enable if the H/W identifiers like Mac and/or IMEI should be reported to VPN Server.
Allow Users to Save Credentials
Choose if user can save the VPN Credentials so that they are not asked for it repeatedly.
- Once you have entered the values, click on SAVE to save the configuration. All the saved configuration appear in the list.
Publishing the Application and Configuration
Once you have created the configuration, the next step is to publish the application and then the configuration. The steps are,
- From the App Details card, click on the App Information tab and click on PUBLISH
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you want to publish the application and click PUBLISH
- Now click on the App Configuration tab. Click on the Publish icon.
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you have published the application in Step 3, and click PUBLISH
- This will cause the applications to be installed on the devices and then configured based on the configuration.
How did we do?
1. Search for and download AnyConnect ICS+ in the Google Play store.
2. Open the AnyConnectclient application on your phone or tablet.
3. Select the Connection option.
4. Select the Add New VPN Connection option, located under the Advanced Preferences heading.
5. Select the Server Address option.
6. Enter private.siu.edu into the blank field and select the OK option.
7. Select the Back arrow to the left of the Advanced Preferences heading.
Cisco Anyconnect Android Setup App
8. At the initial AnyConnect client screen, select the switch to turn the VPN on. By default, it will be turned Off.
9. You should see a screen similar to the following with a message warning, Untrusted VPN Server! Select the Change Settings option.
10. At the Settings screen, uncheck the box next to the Block Untrusted Servers option.
11. At the initial AnyConnect client screen, press the Off switch to turn the VPN on.
12. You should see a prompt similar to the following, warning about an untrusted certificate. Select the Details option.
13. You will be taken to the Certificate Summary screen. Select the Import and Continue option at the bottom of the screen.
14. At the prompt which follows, enter your SIU network ID and password (siu85XXXXXXX) into the Username and Password fields.
15. For the Second Password field, enter one of the following options:
- push = Send a push notification to the DUO app on your phone.
- sms = Send a SMS message with a code to your phone.
- XXXXXX = six-digit code generated by the DUO app on your phone.
Cisco Anyconnect Android Setup Software
Note:DUO Push notifications are the preferred method of authentication. Duo is a mobile app for your iphone or Android device that allows you to approve or deny login attempts. To use this option,you must first install DUO onto your mobile device.
16. Click theConnect button at the bottom of the Cisco AnyConnect window.
17. If you chose the DUO/push option, you should receive a DUO notification on your phone that allows you to Approve or Deny the sign-in request. Select Approve and return to Cisco.
18. Press the 'Connect' option after entering all of your information.
19. You should now be connected to the SIUC Cisco VPN. You can verify this by the status of the connection displayed to the left of the On switch, which in this case displays Connected.
Optional Steps for Additional Security
20. At the AnyConnect home screen, select Menu and then Settings.
21. At the Settings screen, check the box next to Block Untrusted Servers.